We’re all aware of the evolving situation with the COVID-19 virus and we’re aware that you want to know what we are thinking. We have resisted posting things quickly because of how news about this is changing from day to day. But I wanted to send you a message updating you on how we’re preparing for the weekend
As of right now, we’re continuing with all services and believing God for a great Sunday. We will continue to assess this situation day by day and update you if anything changes. Of course, use wisdom as you plan your weekend and the days ahead. If you’re feeling sick in any way, please stay home. And if you have any concerns about public gatherings at this time, please be released from any expectations you think we might have on you to attend. Listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying to you and use good common sense.
At this time, we do not plan on canceling any services. I really believe that in times of crisis that the Church (the gathering of believers) is needed more than ever before. I think we all need to worship, pray and study God’s Word together and receive the encouragement and hope that comes from being together. I’m excited to be there myself this weekend and to have a time of prayer in all services for our city and our country.
Remember 2 Timothy 1:7 says “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
I look forward to seeing you in church this Sunday. God bless you!
– Pastor Butts (512) 515-5811
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
– Philippians 4:6-7
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Here at UHBC we are all aware of the evolving situation with COVID-19 around the world. We are aware that our response as a church is likely on your mind. Rest assured that the UHBC Leadership Team is closely watching this situation and we will take all appropriate actions to protect our health and testimony.
Here’s What You Can Do to Help
Here Are The Steps We Are Taking For All Services:
- Our Ushers can’t wait to welcome you! However, during this time they will not be shaking hands, just giving out lots of friendly smiles!
- There is antibacterial soap in all of our bathrooms and alcohol-based hand sanitizers available in our Lobby and right outside the Nursery.
- While we always encourage fellowship during our services, at this time we are asking that people not shake hands with those around them. Therefore we will not have our normal “Greeting Time” in services.
- We are increasing the frequency of cleanings and enhancing sanitary practices of high-contact places.
- All the hymn books have been removed from the pews and the songs for the Worship Service will be displayed on the screen in the Auditorium.
- The mint basket has been removed from the Lobby since it is such a popular place to put hands!
- An Usher will be stationed at each main building entrance to open doors for you.
- We will not be passing offering plates during the services. Instead we will have an Usher posted in the Lobby with an offering plate before and after each service.
- Until further notice we will not have the Wednesday Evening Meal.
- Until further notice we will not have the Coffee and Donut Fellowship time on Sunday Morning.